LASIK & Cataract Surgery Center at New England Eye Center
Biewend Building, 11th Floor
260 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
LASIK/Refractive Coordinator: 617-636-1055
LASIK Eye Surgery in Boston & Brookline, MA
- LASIK Eye Surgery: Deciding on the vision correction procedure that is right for you will be one of the most important decisions you will make in a lifetime. At the New England Eye Center, our trained refractive team will discuss the many options available for your unique vision status, and help you compare the differences in relation to your visual and lifestyle needs.
- PRK: A popular LASIK alternative that reshapes your cornea to reduce your dependency on contact lenses and eyeglasses
- EVO Visian ICL: An implantable contact lens that’s available to help patients who suffer from nearsightedness
- LASEK: A variation of LASIK for patients who have corneas that are too thin for LASIK
- Refractive Lens Exchange: A process in which an eye’s natural lens is replaced with an artificial intraocular lens to correct refractive errors and achieve an overall sharper focus
Cataract Surgery in Boston & Brookline, MA
Traditional Cataract Surgery: Utilizes one of two techniques that involve replacing your natural lens with an artificial lens or IOL.
Laser Cataract Surgery: CATALYS, this laser surgical procedure builds a 3D map of each eye and treats each eye based on that map. This precision makes for a more personalized and customized cataract treatment experience.
What are the benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK eye surgery, or laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis, is a popular refractive procedure that can correct a variety of vision problems, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. It is a relatively quick and painless procedure that is performed on an outpatient basis, meaning you can go home the same day.
LASIK offers several benefits over traditional corrective lenses, such as glasses and contact lenses. First, it can provide you with clear, sharp vision without the need for any corrective aids. Second, it is a permanent solution to your vision problems, so you won’t have to worry about replacing glasses or contact lenses every few years. Third, LASIK can improve your quality of life by allowing you to participate in activities that you may have difficulty with due to your vision, such as playing sports or swimming.
Premium Lens Implants Boston & Brookline, MA
- Alcon PanOptix TriFocal Lens: the most innovative lens available, providing patients with the ability to correct vision at all distances
- Tecnis Symfony Lens: Helps treat astigmatism and may eliminate or decrease the need for glasses.
- Alcon ReSTOR: Reduces the dependency of glasses or contacts
- Crystalens: Improves intermediate vision and nearsightedness
- Tecnis Lens: Improves the quality of vision at all distances and helps you see in all light conditions.
- TRULIGN Toric: Designed to treat cataracts and astigmatism
- Toric: Reduces spherical and total higher-order aberrations